Welcome to the Mount Airy Elk's Lodge! We are located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Surry County, NC on Elks Drive just off Andy Griffith Parkway (US 52) in Mount Airy, NC. Stop by and join us for some fun and fellowship!
Elks Care. Elks Share!
Although its a small town lodge, Elkdom is very much alive and well in Mount Airy. Between activities in the Ballroom, catered events in the Dining Room, billiards and ping pong in the Rec Room, fun at the pool, and live entertainment in our spacious lounge, there's always something going on at the Mount Airy Lodge.
Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays except July and August when we meet on the 2nd Thursday only. Meetings are held in the ballroom at 7:00 PM.
Elks CreedBelieve in the goodness in thy self, as well as in others.
Protect childhood with tenderness, old age with respect, cherish with reverence the memory of those who have passed.
Observe faithfully the golden rule.
Enjoy the good things of earth, keep within thee the glorious sunshine of youth and remain always of good cheer.
Brother and Sister Elks:
Greetings Elks! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far as we enter the month of July. The month of June was a busy one with lots of hard work devoted to getting our swimming pool open, motorcycle committee hosting the annual ride, Veterans committee putting on a great flag day ceremony, etc. There are some great things in store this month as we continue to make a difference in the community.
On July 16th-19th myself, Allison Jelenek and Mark Alderman will be flying out to Reno Nevada for the Grand Lodge National Convention. Personally, this is another moment of pride for me, to be able to represent your Elks Lodge and the great state of North Carolina. Please keep us in your thoughts as we travel across the country.
Summer kick-off party at the pool on July 1st at 6:00 pm. Meet and greet for new elks, open grill so bring your own meat (BYOM), Corn hole, beer pong and flip cup tournaments with entry fee required and prizes to be awarded. Come out and support your lodge and have a great time. Special thanks to Ray Flippen and Marty Dunbar for all of their efforts getting the pool ready.
The PER committee is hosting the giveaway for the Sig Sauer P320 9mm handgun and 2 Sog knifes as 2nd and 3rd place items. There are tickets left so buy them before they are sold out. Remember, the money from this goes to benefit the construction of a shelter for our local Boy Scouts at Raven knob. PER meeting the second Sunday in July, the 9th, at 9:30 am. PERs please attend if able.
Be sure to check your e-mail, our website, our Facebook page, and the monthly calendar for more events. Please attend as many events as possible to support our Lodge. Please remember to hand our visiting guests an application upon their first visit and be mindful of our private club status as an Elks Lodge.
Please keep the following people in your thoughts and prayers: Past, present and future country, our Service Men and Women. Justin Horne with a recent motorcycle accident. Please continue to pray for the late Gary Kidd’s wife as she deals with the death of her husband and father. Brian Shelton’s wife, Robert Easter’s brother, Ray Flippen's brother, Mark and Sara Marion’s son-in-law, and Terry Scott's wife as they battle illness. As I may not be aware, please let me know if you or someone in our Lodge is suffering from sickness or has lost a loved one.
An Elk is never forgotten, never forsaken!
- Be Benevolent and pay your dues, Mount Airy Lodge 2061 and Elkdom needs you. Remember The Elks and all our Charitable work!!!! !!!! Propose a new member or sponsor a reinstatement.
- We NEED the help of our members to make events happen. If you are interested in helping on a committee, please talk to Jacob Cooke or any of the officers!
- Upcoming event emails are sent as needed. Please submit your email address to receive updates. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mt. Airy Elks Lodge Gratitude Grant
The Mt. Airy Elks Lodge recently received a Gratitude Grant from the Elks National Foundation (ENF). Gratitude Grants are the ENF's way of saying "thank you" to participating Elks Lodges, giving the local lodge an opportunity to think about how best to serve the community and make it stronger.
The Mt. Airy Elks Lodge opted to split the $2500 grant between two local organizations who provide support for individuals and families in crisis; The Shepherd's House and Maranatha Homeless Outreach. For Shepherd's House, the lodge provided cleaning supplies, toiletries, housekeeping items, and groceries. For Maranatha Homeless Outreach, the lodge provided blankets, sleeping bags, toiletries, and groceries. The items were presented to the recipients on June 22
The Shepherd's House is a result of various discussions and meetings held, along with many prayers which were lifted up before it's inception by a number of groups and individuals in the community over the homeless situation. The awareness continues to grow and as it does, the citizens of Surry County continue to grow in their support for one solution to the problem, "The Shepherd's House". The Shepherd's House has served over 1500 clients, providing meals, shelter, counseling, transportation, and various other services to individuals and families in crisis. P.O. Box 1722, Mount Airy, NC 27030 Telephone: (336) 786-1420 Email: email@example.com
Maranatha Homeless Outreach is a ministry called out by God for such a time as this. Our goal is to reach as many lost homeless and hurting people we can to share the hope and gospel of Jesus Christ with them, we feed, clothe, and love them. P.O. Box 604, Toast, NC 27049 Call (336) 320-8387
Mt. Airy Elks - PER Association Fundraiser
Proceeds to build Picnic Shelter at Boy Scout Camp Raven Knob
- 1rst Prize - Sig P320 9mm Handgun - Tim Stevens
- 2nd Prize - Sog Kiku Knife - Denise Chappell
- 3rd Prize - Sog Sideswipe Knife - Joe Cooke
Duck Racing at the Pool
Try your luck, Pick a Duck!
Join in the fun and may the best duck win!
- Hot dog plates available!
- Cash Bar
Mt. Airy Elks Lodge 2017 Gun Giveaway
The gunlist is available here. *Firearms on this list are subject to availability. Every effort will be made to provide the exact model as listed. Any minor substitutions that may be required are beyond the control of the Mount Airy Elks Lodge and Gun Country Inc.
Here's how it works:
- One gun given away each week starting on Monday, January 2, 2017
- There will be 1000 tickets sold numbered 000 - 999
- Winning number is the Monday Pick-3 Day Drawing of Virginia Lottery
- There will be 52 Guns Given Away
- Each ticket is eligible for all 52 drawings. Your ticket can win more than once!
- Winning Ticket must be presented at Gun Country (421 Hadley Street, Mt. Airy, NC 27030)
- Lost or misplaced ticket: Ticket holder must contact Mt. Airy Elks lodge for verification
- Guns must be picked up within 30 days or that week's win will be void
- Ticket holder must be at least 18 years of age
- 01-02-17 #279 Randy Bullin
- 01-09-17 #999 Ty Eades
- 01-16-17 #725 Darrell Garner
- 01-23-17 #984 Chris Dunbar
- 01-30-17 #211 Keith Cummings
- 02-06-17 #287 Melvin T. Jackson
- 02-13-17 #963 Mark Johnson
- 02-20-17 #088 Jammy Shinault
- 02-27-17 #930 Cory Haymore
- 03-06-17 #229 William Lawson
- 03-13-17 #435 Chuck Taylor
- 03-20-17 #044 Billy Hawks
- 03-27-17 #942 Mike Mills
- 04-03-17 #050 Larry Haynes
- 04-10-17 #581 Mike Gammons
- 04-17-17 #888 Tim Stevens
- 04-24-17 #143 Gary Simmons
- 05-01-17 #985 Chris Dunbar
- 05-08-17 #649 Kevin Clark
- 05-15-17 #875 Sam Self
- 05-22-17 #944 Wayne Quesenberry
- 05-29-17 #580 Kenneth Potts
- 06-05-17 #772 Grant Adams
- 06-12-17 #307 Brad Harrell
- 06-19-17 #509 Not Sold
- 06-26-17 #008 Gary Myers
- 07-03-17 #905 Greg Marshall
- 07-10-17 #047 Rick Shelton
- 07-17-17 #546 Not Sold
- 07-24-17 #319 Elks MC