Welcome to the Mount Airy Elk's Lodge! We are located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Surry County, NC on Elks Drive just off Andy Griffith Parkway (US 52) in Mount Airy, NC. Stop by and join us for some fun and fellowship!
Elks Care. Elks Share!
Although its a small town lodge, Elkdom is very much alive and well in Mount Airy. Between activities in the Ballroom, catered events in the Dining Room, billiards and ping pong in the Rec Room, fun at the pool, and live entertainment in our spacious lounge, there's always something going on at the Mount Airy Lodge.
Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays except July and August when we meet on the 2nd Thursday only. Meetings are held in the ballroom at 7:00 PM.
Elks CreedBelieve in the goodness in thy self, as well as in others.
Protect childhood with tenderness, old age with respect, cherish with reverence the memory of those who have passed.
Observe faithfully the golden rule.
Enjoy the good things of earth, keep within thee the glorious sunshine of youth and remain always of good cheer.
Brother and Sister Elks:
B.P.O.E. stands for the “Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks”. I also like to think that it stands for the “Best People on Earth”. The past two years as Exalted Ruler of the Mount Airy Elks Lodge have been a major highlight of my life. Elk involvement with our veterans and children, other charity organizations, and individuals in need comes from the heart and has lasting effects with great memories. Thank you for your help, guidance, and confidence during my tenure as ER. I want to wish Jacob Cooke the best as he takes over this role. All of the 2017-2018 officers have been elected and are preparing to become the leaders of our Lodge. I have every confidence in the slated officers and ask that you all support Jacob and his team as you have me and my team the past two years. Please keep your dues current and attend all Lodge functions if at all possible.
Be sure to attend our 4th Annual Chicken Stew on Saturday, March 4th featuring The David Sowards Band. The charge is only 10 per person. The 9-Ball Tournament will have two more qualifying rounds this month. They will be on the 4th and the 17th. For a 5 entry fee, you are guaranteed hours of fun and fellowship. Be sure to drop by the lounge and take in some of the NCAA tournaments (March 14th through April 3rd). Don’t forget St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th. Make plans to come celebrate with us!
Our state hoop shoot winner in the 10 to 11 year old girls’ bracket is Brooklyn Gammons. She will be moving on to the regional finals in Frederick, Maryland on March 11th. I would like to wish Brooklyn good luck in her endeavor to make it to the national finals.
Keep in mind that the Veterans’ Committee will have it’s annual Easter trip to the Salisbury veterans’ nursing home on Saturday, April 8th. The Elk State Spring convention will be held in Wilmington May 12th through May 14th. The Motorcycle Committee’s Mountains to the Coast Veterans Tribute Ride will be May 11th through the 14th to coincide with the convention.
Be sure to check your e-mail, our website, our Facebook page, and the monthly calendar for more March events. Please attend as many events as possible to support our Lodge.
Please keep the following people in your thoughts and prayers: Our Country, our Service Men and Women; PER Gary Kidd as he faces medical issues; Brian Shelton’s wife, Robert Easter’s brother, Ray Flippen's brother, Mark and Sara Marion’s son-in-law, and Terry Scott's wife as they battle illness. As I may not be aware, please let me know if you or someone in our Lodge is suffering from sickness or has lost a loved one.
An Elk is never forgotten, never forsaken!
North Carolina State Elks Association - Winter 2017 Newsletter
The North Carolina State Elks Association Winter 2017 Newsletter is now available online.
- Be Benevolent and pay your dues, Mount Airy Lodge 2061 and Elkdom needs you. Remember The Elks and all our Charitable work!!!! !!!! Propose a new member or sponsor a reinstatement.
- We NEED the help of our members to make events happen. If you are interested in helping on a committee, please talk to Tommy Marion!
- Upcoming event emails are sent as needed. Please submit your email address to receive updates. Send an email to email@example.com
Elks Hoop Shoot
NC State Hoop Shoot Champions
NC State finalists competed at the Southeast Central Region 10 Hoop Shoot Final on 03/11/17 in Middletown, MD
Congrats Brooklyn Gammons!
Brooklyn Gammons of Mt. Airy, NC will be representing us at the national contest on 4/11/17 in Chicago, IL! Here's Brooklyn modelling her champioinship t-shirt that our own Lisa Flynn made for the occasion.
A Free Throw Program for Youth Ages 8-13
The Hoop Shoot is free to all participants and provides youth an opportunity to compete, connect and succeed.
The 2017 Hoop Shoot National Finals will take place April 22, 2017 in Chicago, IL.
Find out more!
Annual Visit to NC State Veterans Nursing Home in Salisbury
Members who wish to come along should meet at Mountain View Restaurant in Pilot Mountain at 8AM
2017 Easter Wish List
- Electric razors
- Name brand straight razors-- (gilette, etc)
- Regular socks—all white
- Slip proof gripper socks
- Adult wipes--unscented
- Stuffed animals—at least 30
- Cigarettes (menthol or non menthol)
- Kleenex (boxes only)
- Men’s body wash
- Men’s deodorant
- Men’s lotion
- Decks of cards
- Leather belts (sizes 34 to 48)
- Magnifying glasses (spy glasses)
- Change purses (at least 25 or more -- for patient’s change when they play bingo)
- Plastic containers in shape shoeboxes with lids for trinkets of patients
- White t shirts (in sizes of --xl—xxl—xxxl)
- Bottles of large hand sanitizers
From the Mountains to the Coast
Tribute Ride - Honor Our Veterans
The Mount Airy Elks Lodge Motorcycle Committee is proud to announce the 1st annual "From the Mountains to the Coast" tribute ride. We would like for every lodge in NC to participate in this ride from the mountains to the coast. All Elks and their guests – including cars and trucks – are welcome. Download the ride flyer here.
This ride is not a fundraiser or poker run. The ride is to honor our VETERANS and show our support for their sacrifices to our country.
Be sure to make reservations ASAP at the coast.
*Reservations will be going fast due to fishing season*
- Meeting at Mt. Airy lodge at 8 am and pulling out at 8:30
- 1st scheduled gathering location will be the Greensboro Elks Lodge (2201 W. Cornwallis Dr.) on May 11 at 10:00am and kickstands up at 10:30am. The route will be 220 to Rockingham – approximately 86 miles, 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 2nd gathering location is the Citgo (481 US Hwy 1 S. in Rockingham) at 12:00pm and kickstands up at 12:45pm. Traveling I-74 E – approximately 55 miles, 1 hour.
- 3rd gathering location is the Sun-Do (Exit 213 at 3623 MLK Jr. Dr. in Lumberton) at 1:45pm and kickstands up at 2:15pm. Approximately 80 miles, 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 4th and final destination is the Wilmington Elks Lodge (5102 Oleander Dr.) at 3:45pm.
- Marty Dunbar: (336)325-9348
- Mark Marion: (336)408-1706
- Tommy Marion: (336)374-0509
- Mark Alderman: (336)401-3481
- Tony Gentry: (336)401-5031
As long as there are veterans, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks will never forget them!
Looking forward to seeing everyone for fellowship and good times for this worthy cause.
$5 Entry Fee
Open to Members and Guests of Members
New Tournament starts February 17
9-Ball Partners Tournament
- Random Draw
- Round 1: Friday, Febrary 17
- Round 2: Saturday, March 4
- Round 3: Friday, March 17
Friday Rounds: Signup 6pm, Break Time 7pm
Saturday Rounds: Signup 2pm, Break Time 3pm
- 3 Qualifiers from each tournament
- Only qualify once
- Prize to winner in each qualifier
Motorcycle Committee - 4th Annual Chicken Stew
Featuring The David Sowards Band
$10 per person for food and entertainment
Proceeds to benefit Veterans and Youth in our community
Mt. Airy Elks Lodge 2017 Gun Giveaway
*Firearms on this list are subject to availability. Every effort will be made to provide the exact model as listed. Any minor substitutions that may be required are beyond the control of the Mount Airy Elks Lodge and Gun Country Inc.
The gunlist is available here. Here's how it works:
- 01-02-17 #279 Randy Bullin
- 01-09-17 #999 Ty Eades
- 01-16-17 #725 Darrell Garner
- 01-23-17 #984 Chris Dunbar
- 01-30-17 #211 Keith Cummings
- 02-06-17 #287 Melvin T. Jackson
- 02-13-17 #963 Mark Johnson
- 02-20-17 #088 Jammy Shinault
- 02-27-17 #930 Cory Haymore
- 03-06-17 #229 William Lawson
- 03-13-17 #435 Chuck Taylor
- 03-20-17 #044 Billy Hawks
- 03-27-17 #942 Mike Mills