Welcome to the Mount Airy Elk's Lodge! We are located at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Surry County, NC on Elks Drive just off Andy Griffith Parkway (US 52) in Mount Airy, NC. Stop by and join us for some fun and fellowship!
Elks Care. Elks Share!
Although its a small town lodge, Elkdom is very much alive and well in Mount Airy. Between activities in the Ballroom, catered events in the Dining Room, billiards and ping pong in the Rec Room, fun at the pool, and live entertainment in our spacious lounge, there's always something going on at the Mount Airy Lodge.
Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Thursdays except July and August when we meet on the 2nd Thursday only. Meetings are held in the ballroom at 7:00 PM.
Elks CreedBelieve in the goodness in thy self, as well as in others.
Protect childhood with tenderness, old age with respect, cherish with reverence the memory of those who have passed.
Observe faithfully the golden rule.
Enjoy the good things of earth, keep within thee the glorious sunshine of youth and remain always of good cheer.
Brother and Sister Elks:
I hope everyone doing great as we welcome the warm weather. As always, there are lots exciting of things going within our lodge that have either transpired or that are awaiting us! I want to congratulate our new officers and committee members on doing a fine job during the past month. Also as far as recognition goes, I want to recognize and say thank you to everyone who was able to attend our lodge meetings and supporting me as I took over during this first month of my tenure as your new ER.
This news letter will continue to serve as your update for what is happening and what is to come. That said, I want to change things up a little. Obviously we will continue to email this letter to all Elks on our email registry. I have placed a sign-up sheet, beside of the member sign-in for those who wish to receive the news letter via postage. I will also be printing a few copies and leaving them in the lounge for your viewing. Please sign up if you wish to receive a hard-copy version.
Please give a round of applause to Brooklyn Gammons as she finished runner up, tying for 2nd place in the National hoop-shoot finals in Chicago IL on April 22nd. We are very proud of her for representing the Mount Airy Elks Lodge! Also, thank Mark Alderman for all of his time and support for another great hoop-shoot year!
We are slated to have a swimming pool up and running for the year barring the completion of a few maintenance tasks. There have been members asking me about the pool and whether or not it will open. As far as I know the answer is YES. As new developments take fold, I will do my best to keep everyone posted.
The NC Elks State Convention will take place May 12th-14th, in Wilmington. The Motorcycle Committee will be hosting a mountains to the coast ride also during this time, leaving May 11th, at 8:30 am. There will be no meeting during the 2nd Thursday this month as we are excused for the State convention during that time so I hope to see everyone the 4th Thursday of this month.
Happy upcoming Memorial day and thank you to all of our past, present and future service men and women.
Be sure to check your e-mail, our website, our Facebook page, and the monthly calendar for more May events. Please attend as many events as possible to support our Lodge. Please remember to hand our visiting guests an application upon their first visit and be mindful of our private club status as an Elks Lodge.
Please keep the following people in your thoughts and prayers: Our Country, our Service Men and Women; It is my sad duty to announce the passing of PER Gary Kidd. Please remember his family in your thoughts and prayers. Brian Shelton’s wife, Norman Marion-Gall bladder surgery, Robert Easter’s brother, Ray Flippen's brother, Mark and Sara Marion’s son-in-law, and Terry Scott's wife as they battle illness. As I may not be aware, please let me know if you or someone in our Lodge is suffering from sickness or has lost a loved one.
An Elk is never forgotten, never forsaken!
- Be Benevolent and pay your dues, Mount Airy Lodge 2061 and Elkdom needs you. Remember The Elks and all our Charitable work!!!! !!!! Propose a new member or sponsor a reinstatement.
- We NEED the help of our members to make events happen. If you are interested in helping on a committee, please talk to Jacob Cooke or any of the officers!
- Upcoming event emails are sent as needed. Please submit your email address to receive updates. Send an email to email@example.com
Elks National Foundation - Most Valuable Student Scholarships
Two local students are recipients of $1000.00 awards from the North Carolina State Elks Association! Congratulations to Daniel Alvarez-Orlachia from Surry Central High School and Caleb Cooke from North Surry High School! We wish you success and great achievement in your college careers.
North Carolina State Elks Association Newsletter
The news is out! Read the Spring Newsletter for updates on what NC Lodges (including Mt. Airy Lodge) are up to.
From the Mountains to the Coast
Tribute Ride - Honor Our Veterans
The Mount Airy Elks Lodge Motorcycle Committee is proud to announce the 1st annual "From the Mountains to the Coast" tribute ride. We would like for every lodge in NC to participate in this ride from the mountains to the coast. All Elks and their guests – including cars and trucks – are welcome. Download the ride flyer here.
This ride is not a fundraiser or poker run. The ride is to honor our VETERANS and show our support for their sacrifices to our country.
Be sure to make reservations ASAP at the coast.
*Reservations will be going fast due to fishing season*
- Meeting at Mt. Airy lodge at 8 am and pulling out at 8:30
- 1st scheduled gathering location will be the Greensboro Elks Lodge (2201 W. Cornwallis Dr.) on May 11 at 10:00am and kickstands up at 10:30am. The route will be 220 to Rockingham – approximately 86 miles, 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 2nd gathering location is the Citgo (481 US Hwy 1 S. in Rockingham) at 12:00pm and kickstands up at 12:45pm. Traveling I-74 E – approximately 55 miles, 1 hour.
- 3rd gathering location is the Sun-Do (Exit 213 at 3623 MLK Jr. Dr. in Lumberton) at 1:45pm and kickstands up at 2:15pm. Approximately 80 miles, 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 4th and final destination is the Wilmington Elks Lodge (5102 Oleander Dr.) at 3:45pm.
- Marty Dunbar: (336)325-9348
- Mark Marion: (336)408-1706
- Tommy Marion: (336)374-0509
- Mark Alderman: (336)401-3481
- Tony Gentry: (336)401-5031
As long as there are veterans, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks will never forget them!
Looking forward to seeing everyone for fellowship and good times for this worthy cause.
Mt. Airy Elks Lodge 2017 Gun Giveaway
*Firearms on this list are subject to availability. Every effort will be made to provide the exact model as listed. Any minor substitutions that may be required are beyond the control of the Mount Airy Elks Lodge and Gun Country Inc.
The gunlist is available here. Here's how it works:
- 01-02-17 #279 Randy Bullin
- 01-09-17 #999 Ty Eades
- 01-16-17 #725 Darrell Garner
- 01-23-17 #984 Chris Dunbar
- 01-30-17 #211 Keith Cummings
- 02-06-17 #287 Melvin T. Jackson
- 02-13-17 #963 Mark Johnson
- 02-20-17 #088 Jammy Shinault
- 02-27-17 #930 Cory Haymore
- 03-06-17 #229 William Lawson
- 03-13-17 #435 Chuck Taylor
- 03-20-17 #044 Billy Hawks
- 03-27-17 #942 Mike Mills
- 04-03-17 #050 Larry Haynes
- 04-10-17 #581 Mike Gammons
- 04-17-17 #888 Tim Stevens
- 04-24-17 #143 Gary Simmons
- 05-01-17 #985 Chris Dunbar
- 05-08-17 #649 Kevin Clark
- 05-15-17 #875 Sam Self
- 05-22-17 #944 Wayne Quesenberry